City of West Wendover - Website
1. You agree that you will not violate or attempt to violate the security of this website by hacking, sending viruses, or any other similar malicious or careless conduct.
2. You agree that you will not utilize the communication methods found within this website for the communication of any material that may reasonably be considered scurrilous or offensive. Offensive materials are defined as sexual content or images, slurs against race, religious or political beliefs, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or physical attributes.
3. You agree not to upload or attempt to upload content of any type to this website.
4. You acknowledge you have no right to the intellectual property associated with this website and that you have only a limited right to use this website.
5. You acknowledge that the City of West Wendover does not warrant the accuracy or availability of this website.
6. You acknowledge that the City of West Wendover is not responsible for any damage, loss, or injury that you may have as a result of your use of this website.
7. You agree to be bound to the laws applicable in the City of West Wendover with respect to your use of this website and you agree that any court proceedings relating to your use of this website will take place in the City of West Wendover or the County of Elko, Nevada.
8. You agree to grant the City of West Wendover all intellectual property rights in the content of any e-mail that you send to the City.
If you DO NOT agree to ALL of these terms, please log off the website immediately.
B. DISCLAIMER: The materials of this website are provided “as is” and under no circumstances shall the City of West Wendover be liable to any other party for indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages arising from or related to the content, promotions or other materials or information, including third party information, provided by parties other than the City of West Wendover on or through this home page and/or related pages. In particular, under no circumstances shall the City of West Wendover be liable for intellectual property infringement claims or actions or for any defamation or libel claims or actions arising from information on this web page and/or related pages.
Further, this website may be linked to other websites which are not maintained or controlled by the City of West Wendover and the City is not responsible for the content of those websites. The City of West Wendover does not have editorial control over such information or external website content and inclusion of any link to such websites does not imply approval of or endorsement by the City of West Wendover of the websites or the content thereof. When accessing external websites, the City is not responsible for the privacy practices, services or information residing on such websites and visitors to such external sites do so at their own risk.
C. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: While the City of West Wendover uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this website, errors or omissions sometimes occur. The City of West Wendover makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the content of this website. Under no circumstances shall the City of West Wendover or any party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the website be liable to you for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this website, irrespective of whether the City of West Wendover’s authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall the City of West Wendover’s total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this website.
Every attempt has been made to make this website virus free. The City of West Wendover also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property as a result of your access to, use of, or browsing on the website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this website.
D. PROTECTION OF MINORS: The City is especially concerned about protecting children’s privacy and exposure to harmful content or materials. Accordingly, it is the intent of the City to maintain and establish a website and website policy which does not cause harm to minors.
E. THIRD PARTY SITES: The primary purpose of this website is to provide information about the City’s government, services and attractions and to promote economic development within the City. The site may provide links to websites outside the City’s website that also serve this purpose. The City does not endorse and is not responsible for the information on any linked website. The City of West Wendover reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to provide advertising services through free web page or URL link to any website or individual, to reject any URL, or to disallow a site from advertising when such use would interfere with or hinder the primary purpose of its website. Without limiting the foregoing, the following criteria will be used to decide whether to grant requests for City website links. If a request does not fit into any of the following criteria, the City Manager will decide whether to approve the request and his/her decision may be appealed to the City Council. The City Council will approve the requested website link if it serves the purpose of the City’s website. Further, simple listings of all lawful businesses operating within the City will be provided without a link in a separate portion of the website.
The City’s website when able will provide links to websites for:
• Governmental and educational institutions within the City
• Non-profit organizations with some relationship to the City (including but not limited to: organizations contracting with the City, organizations sponsoring City activities or programs, and organizations participating in City activities or programs)
• Generally recognized community organizations
• Non-profit organizations providing information about art, cultural, and sporting activities in the City area
• Non-profit organizations providing information about employment opportunities in the City’s area
• Non-profit organizations providing information about tourist attractions in the City’s area
• Businesses or entities within the City area which would promote the purposes of the website and which are licensed to conduct business within the City.
The City’s website will not provide links to websites for:
• Candidates for local, state or federal offices
• Political organizations or other organizations advocating a position on a local, state or federal issue
• Corporate or other for-profit organizations unless they fit any of the criteria stated above
• Individuals or personal home pages
• Sites that contain out-of-date information;
• Sites containing pornographic material and sites with links to pornographic sites;
• Sites containing adult material, links to adult material, nudity or links to nudity;
• Sites encouraging illegal activity or racism;
• Sites providing instructions or discussions condoning or encouraging illegal activities;
• Sites that promote or utilize software or services designed to deliver unsolicited e-mail;
• Any advertising that the City of West Wendover determines has resulted or could result in legal liability or adverse publicity to the City of West Wendover as a result of such advertising being offensive, inaccurate, defamatory, libelous or slanderous or involving potential infringement of third party’s intellectual property rights;
• Sites that do not promote the primary purposes of the City of West Wendover’s website; that is, the provision of information to the public concerning City services and promotion of economic development of the City of West Wendover.
WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
The purpose of the statement is to inform users of this site with regard to the collection and use of personally identifiable information.
Definition of Personally Identifiable Information
For the purposes of this statement "personally identifiable information" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual who is the subject of the information.
Personally Identifiable Information Not Routinely Collected
Citizens do not have to routinely provide personal information to visit the City of West Wendover website or to download information. Government agencies may request personally identifiable information from you in order to provide requested specialized services, but such information is handled as it would be on an in-person visit to the City Hall.
Personally Identifiable Information Available From Governmental Web Sites
Access to personally identifiable information in public records at state and local levels of government in Nevada is controlled primarily by Chapter 239B of the Nevada Revised Statutes. While Chapter 239B sets the general policies for access to government records in the state of Nevada, other sections of the Nevada Revised Statutes as well as other federal laws also deal with confidentiality issues.
The IP (Internet Protocol) numbers of computers (servers) used to visit this site are noted as part of our statistical analysis on use of our web sites so we may better design services and improve access to them. However, the site does not attempt to gain personally identifiable information on individual users and associate them with IP addresses.
Use of Constituent E-mail Addresses
E-mail addresses obtained as a result of a request to the city site will not be sold or given to other private companies for marketing purposes. The information collected is subject to the access and confidentiality provisions of Chapter 239B, other applicable sections of the Nevada Revised Statutes or federal law. E-mail or other information requests sent to the city web site may be maintained in order to respond to the request, forward that request to the appropriate agency, communicate updates to the city page that may be of interest to citizens, or to provide the city web designer with valuable customer feedback to assist in improving the site. Individuals will be provided with the ability "opt out" at anytime of any communications regarding new service updates.
Data Security and Quality
We are committed to data security and the data quality of personally identifiable information that is either available from or collected by the city web site and have taken reasonable precautions to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse or alteration. Any third parties responsible for this information are committed to the same principles, and also are required by contract to follow the same policies and guidelines as the state of Utah in protecting this information. Unless otherwise prohibited by state or federal law, rule or regulation the individual is granted the ability to access and correct personally identifiable information whether or not the information inaccuracy was accidental or by created unauthorized access.
Non City Web Sites
Various web sites may be linked through www.westwendovercity.com, www.westwendovercity.net, www.westwendovercity.org. Many of these sites, including private sector sites, are not subject to Chapter 239B and may also not be subject to other sections of the Nevada Revised Statutes or federal law. Visitors to those sites are advised to check the privacy statements of these sites and be cautious about providing personally identifiable information without a clear understanding of how the information will be used.
NON DISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: email@example.com.
The City of West Wendover is an equal opportunity employer and provider.